Wednesday 24 September 2014


Cross Country

My racing heart suddenly came to a stop as I heard Mrs Gordon announce on the ear splitting microphone.

“Year eight girls and boys could you please make your way towards Mr G to stretch.”

As we slowly walked towards Mr G to stretch, a large blanket of nervous whispers formed upon us.
The next thing I knew the year 8 boys were lined up all ready to start.

“On your marks” Mrs Bodle yelled…

‘BANG!’

Away I went sprinting into the lead with the sound of shoes running on gravel close behind me, as the sound slowly started to drift away from me ears.

Trying to swallow my sliver was getting harder as I went. The sound of kids yelling and screaming came into my head as I finished my first lap.

Running up the hill got steeper and steeper, finally making it up with my legs burning wanting to stop but still managing to keep on going around the top of the lake then down the steep hill.

Finally, I sprinted down the home straight as kids cheered me on and across the line I went.

“Yes still undefeated.” I whispered excitedly to myself.

HENRI F



No comments:

Post a Comment