Wednesday 24 September 2014


    Cross-Country
As I come around the corner, I looked at what I had done so far: Having just finished the first lap in the school cross-country, I was feeling pretty good about myself. Drifting between third and forth place, breathing steadily, crunching the gravel underneath our feet, in a steady rhythm.

Trees waved past on either side of me as gentle breeze tickled my nose and I inhaled it gratefully. The air: Warm, almost humid seemed to be getting hotter with each passing second although I knew it was merely my body temperature and would only get worse.

Now on to the second lap, I prepared myself for what was ahead, because unlike the first lap, it wasn’t going to be a walk in the park. The first lap had consisted of flat ground the entire lap, but now we were going on a completely new route which will have hills, stairs and new terrain such as grass, concrete and sand.

Closer now, I could see how big the first hill really was: it loomed over us grinning wickedly like a cat that’s caught its prey and suddenly it was upon us, I swallowed hard and leaped towards it. 

James

No comments:

Post a Comment