Wednesday 24 September 2014


                                                    Cross Country


My heart was racing, my muscles were tense and all I could think about was when it was my race. I felt like my brain was going to explode. I was so nervous, butterflies were flying circles in my stomach.

  It was time; all I could hear was Mrs. Boodles voice saying, 

“Come with me year eights”. 
We all walked slowly over to the starting platform. I could tell everyone was nervous and no one was ready for this race. The nerves were like a storm cloud stretching over us all making us all miserable.

 The wait to start seemed to take a lifetime. 

“On your marks, get set, BANG!” Mrs. Boodle yelled and banged her two wooden planks together then we were off.  

Kaylee and I were at the front as we ran around the crystal blue lake, with Alice at our heels.


 We ran for what felt like forever! The finish line was finally in sight so I sprinted as fast as my legs would take me and saw Alice there cheering me on. 

It was over and I was so glad but I was mostly proud of Alice for coming first.
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment