Wednesday 24 September 2014



                                        Cross Country


The hill got closer and closer. Fear began to take control and was sending thoughts through my mind "Am I going to zoom up the hill like a rocket or am I going to crawl up like a tortoise?"
It will remained a mystery until the moment arrived..

As I took the first few steps up the hill of doom I could feel pain running through me. My legs were aching and my muscles were straining. My arms were flying at one-hundred miles an hour, but my pace didn't seem to change.

As I started sprinting up the last stretch of the hill I could feel a bad stitch moving through my hips. My legs had turned tomato red and I felt like I could drop any minute, but as much as I hated running,  I couldn't drop back. I just couldn't.

The more pain i felt the longer the track seemed to get. I began to run out of energy and my pace changed dramatically.
Suddenly ' the competitor that had been trailing behind me, was now in front and leading the pack!.
My heart sank and I had lost  again - second two years in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment