Wednesday 24 September 2014

Cross Country


“On your marks, get set, go!” We were away! The year eight boys had started their race and it was going to be a good one. Henri and Declan were already in front and I had to keep up with them if I was going to get a good placing.

As soon as we went around the whole lake and just about to go up the daunting, steep hill, Jacques overtook me and I became very exhausted and had legs as wobbly as jelly. Somehow I found the power to keep going up the hill even though I was about to collapse and faint.

As I ran over the bridge I sprinted as hard as I could towards the finish line. It was exhilarating with the wind at my back and my house cheering me on.

When I crossed the finish line I had nothing left at all. I knew I had given it my all and left nothing on the track.

I was a bit disappointed that I didn’t get a top three placing but at least I was in the top six and my Mum was proud of me, and that was all I could ask for.

 By Takuira

No comments:

Post a Comment