Wednesday 24 September 2014

My recount on Cross country



 2014 Cross Country

 

On Friday 22nd August, Saint Peter’s Catholic School had their school cross-country; there were parent’s teachers, family, friends and students. This was it, a 3k run for the year 7s at Lake Te Kutu Park, WHAT A CHALLENGE!

As the clap!!! went it was an adrenalin rush for the year 7 students. After about 20 or so minutes I was in sight of the finish line. It gave me a good feeling after the painful, difficult run.

Seeing the finish line was great because the hills we had struggled up and the rocks we stumbled on were enough for me. It was like I couldn’t handle it any more; well that’s what my body was saying all right.

Go Tia!!! Go!!! I thought to myself but it was actually the St Anne’s team saying Go!!! Go!!! Go!!! , It gave me even more off an adrenalin rush. It was an amazing feeling to be able to have other people supporting me, as well as my friends.



Finally “YES!!! “ I thought to myself, “I’ve done it, I’ve come 5th out of the year 7 girls.”
It was such a great feeling to have and it’s not like I cared about getting a certificate, because I had a great time and a lot of fun doing the run by myself, even with no friends running with me at all.



So to conclude my cross-country experience, I had a great time and enjoyed the whole lot of it. Mr. L and Mrs. Gordon did a great job together doing the amazing job of organising it .
Oh don’t forget Go St Anne!!! .
 “TURN ON THE RADIO WHAT DO YOU HEAR?
 GO ST ANNE GIVE THEM A CHEER!!!

By Tia .H .T


No comments:

Post a Comment